How many times have you heard employee’s moaning about the upcoming performance review? Let’s be honest – it’s the same process using the same form with the end goal of employees having consistent performance. At Atoll HR we actively encourage our clients to infuse some new life and energy into the process. Here are some suggestions, that can bring a new perspective and value to your performance review process:
• Break the longer annual review meeting into smaller discussions either biannually or quarterly which focus on goal setting, performance, career development and progress towards targets.
• Ask employees to do a self-evaluation and rate their own performance.
• Incorporate goal setting and company values and culture and how the employees role will align.
• Train managers to be use effective listening, questioning and feedback skills.
• Ask employees to come to the meeting prepared to give one piece of feedback.
Covid-19 has had a major impact on the way we work and has created numerous challenges for both employers and employees. We would recommend a